Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't seem to apply a list style to a snippet

Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a snippet that contains a procedure with steps 1 to 3.  I can't seem to apply my procedure list style to the snippet.  I understand that the snippet takes on the style in the destination topic - does this mean I have to create each step as a snippet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a list style other than a default or you're using a class, you may need to hard code the style into the list items in the snippet so that when you insert it into the topic, the style is applied correctly.

I've found (in RH7) that to get steps in a snippet to be numbered correctly in the middle of a procedure, I set up the steps in the snippet to be list items without any opening/closing <ol> or <ul> tags. Then, when I insert it in the topic, I click and drag it to the end of the previous step, not to a new paragraph. This makes the numbering continue correctly.

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp