• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previously unseen dialog (regarding header & footer references to template)

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea what in the world this dialog means?

Here is the text:

"The header or footer references to the template cannot be saved. Do you want to revert the changes to the header and footer on disk?"

This is occurring in a perfectly ordinary Topic that I created yesterday (6/1), and which I set to use the .css that we've been using with no trouble since before the earth cooled.

If this means some sort of project-wide corruption or something like that, I will have no choice but to rub strawberry preserves into my hair and stick my head into the nearest hornet's nest. That might well be preferable to dealing with some of the previous RoboHelp problems I have experienced.

Thanks for any help that any of you may offer.

--Lew Yedwab.

Message was edited by: Lew at Chyron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROTFL Lew. It isn't squeeky bum time yet! Before you go running out of the door waving your arms around, let's see if the problem is related only to one topic or template. If you create a new topic using the said template do you get the same? If not, try removing the template from the said topic, saving it and readding it. If this doesn't work, try creating a new topic and copy/paste the content. If all else fails, try recreating the template and attaching it to the appropriate topics.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also find out whether the .htm files are in source control or have just been made read-only in Windows Explorer. Our template .htm files are locked down tight in RoboSourceControl, but RoboHelp occasionally thinks we want to change them anyway. The results are...varied. 

This is not the same problem you're having, just a warning that RoboHelp tries to update the templates, and if it doesn't have access to them, it can get creative with its solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Elisa and Colum. I've been "retasked" for the afternoon with a completely different brand of work. But will refer to your gracious answers and explore this issue tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp