Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio buttons not retaining binding values...seemingly spontaneous flip flopping

Level 1

This is weird,

So we created a form to gather intake data from the field.

Our intake presonnel start submitting data via e-mail and we discover that 2 or three of our radio buttons have flip-flopped so a yes response becomes a no and visa versa.

The form was created in LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

Our field people are using Acrobat reader.

The form has been print and save enabled on our side so they may save the form using the reader.

What is going on?

Has anyone encountered this?

Why is this happening?

This is critical as we are collecting participant data under Department of Labor ARRA programs.

Thanks,

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Never heard of that before ...do you have an example where the data does not match what is on the form?

Paul

Level 1

Here is what is happening.

The value returned does not coincide with the value originally given to the particular radio button in the LiveCycle object/binding tab.

For instance, we have a field where the person who fills in the form selects gender. Their choice is either male or female. As I created the form I assigned the value "male" to the button labeled "Male" and the value "female" to the button labeled "Female".

When our field personnel filled in the form, they selected the gender and submitted the data via e-mail.

When we received the data, it returned "female" even though they checked the male bos in the field.

When I opened the form up in Livecycle again, I see that the order in the object/binding tab has changed and now the value female is associated with the male check box and visa versa. I did not/would not change it. The only thing I can think of that I did before I sent it out was enable usage rights in the advanced menu in Acrobat. Could this have affected it?

This happened in only 4 of approximately 20 radio button groups on the form. Two groups offered only 2 options and 1 offered 3 options and the other 4 options.

Former Community Member

This is the 1st I have heard of anything like this. If this was a product issue then I would suspect that more than one person woul dhave come across this. Is it possible that you set it right but didn't save the form? I can only suggest that you fix the issue in your current form (make sure you distribute the right one) and monitor the situation. If it happens again I would like to see the form.

Paul

Level 1

I hope you are right, Paul.

If this is operator error (which is likely) then it's a one time event.

If it happens again, I'll try to post more details.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards!