Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Main ToolBar in WebHelp Skins

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know how to resize the Main toolbar in WebHelp Skins in RH 8?

I tried to reset the <frameset rows="32,*"> to <frameset rows="64,*">

When I previewed the skin, there was no change. I tried to generate as well and still there was no change.

I then tried to reset the values to <frameset rows="50%,*">

I then tried to reset the values to <frameset rows="800,*">

And the same thing occurred.

I realise that there are two locations that the frameset row is set so I did change the value in both locations, still no success...

I took a look at the skinny of skins help and it seems that I am doing the correct thing from the information written.

All I want to do is add an image to the main top toolbar that is bigger than 32 pixels.

Am I missing a pertinent step?

Thank you,

Tannis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try editing the toolbar buttons so that they're the height you want. That forces the toolbar height to change.

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Seems odd, but yes it does seem to resize the toolbar. Unfortunately I want to put a background image behind the buttons. I don't want the buttons to move from their current location. It still makes no sense to me why changing the frameset value isn't working.

If you have any other solutions please let me know.

Thanks,

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try this.

Create an Extremely thin transparent image that is vertically sized to what you need. Then insert that as a button. I might suggest configuring the skin so it's the first button there. It's only purpose will be to stretch the Toolbar to the desired height.

Sorry the info in the Skinny isn't working for you. Looks like perhaps the code has changed enough that those particular instructions no longer work. Haven't had time to test due to other issues vying for my time.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick,

I had come to the same conclusion myself. It does work in that it expands the main toolbar, the problem is the other buttons - contents, index, search, etc., are magically resized now to the same size as the transparent button, so they are now enormous and less than esthetically pleasing to the eye.

FYI, your information on realigning buttons from middle to the bottom is still correct...

If you know of some method that I can use to resize the other buttons so they aren't so enormous, please do let me know. I am going to take a closer look at the whtbar.js and see if maybe in there or maybe in the skin file itself...

Thanks again.

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp