• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone integrated Google search in merged webhelp?

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our web site has a Google search 'server' for users to search. We're going to be adding our Help system to the web site and want to leverage that search capbility in place of the native search provided by webhelp. We're currently using RoboHTML 7, but will be upgrading to RoboHelp8 this fall.

.MW

PS. Well there seems to be a lot of interest, but no actual results. If I can come up with a method I'll post it here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you ever come up with a solution for this? I'd be interested to see it if you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, so would I. As near as I can tell, the search function in merged webhelp is contained in the Javascript constructs that RH uses to build webhelp. Decoupling this and shoehorning Google search in its place would take more saavy than I can muster at this time.

If I do come up with something, I'll be sure to let the community know.

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have thought it much different to the method I describe using ZoomSearch.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always worth a second look, however, I have to say that the search capability in RH8 is leagues beyond what was in previous versions. I'm actually somewhat less inclined to pursue this very hard.

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp