• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to capture screens

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all, my issue stems from captivate not collecting screen shots properly for one perticular piece of software. It is my understanding that whenever a mouse click is performed, captivate should take a screen shot. When I try to collect a captivate session i usually collect only one "slide" of my software demonstration. I've tried to manually collect screenshots via "print screen" key, however, it seems that the software I am trying to capture overrides the mouse clicks AND key strokes and prevents captivate from registering a click/key stroke. I actually have to alt+tab out of my software demonstration for captivate to register clicks and keystrokes (end session, prnt scrn, full motion start/stop) does that seem fesible? is there anyway to force captivate to see the clicks and key strokes?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

I'm not sure if it's a possibility for you, but some folks have reported success with establishing a remote desktop session. You then start Captivate on the desktop viewing and controlling the troubled application remotely. Because you are only viewing and controlling the application from a different desktop, you are able to capture the screens and activity.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

makes sense, i'll give that a try. I'm playing around a bit more, and it seems as though it's not just this one perticular piece of software, even a demonstration of how to open powerpoint isn't capturing mouse clicks properly. Am I missing a setting either in captivate or in windows perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It all depends. What mode are you capturing in?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick, thank you. In my playing around I had set the capture mode to manual. captivate does collect screens normally outside of this one perticular program. your other trick of remoting to another computer seems to work great. So, in the interim, i will continue with that.

I'm guessing there isn't, but, is there a way to force captivate to register keys/clicks? why would this perticular piece of software so overpowering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources