• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting "Initializing Version Control"

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 7 on Windows Vista Ultimate. I haven't had too many problems until today; I accidently clicked the desktop icon for RoboHelp Version Control instead of the regular RoboHelp one. Now when I try to open regular RoboHelp, either by clicking its desktop icon or double-clicking a project file (.xpj), I get the dark aqua box that usually flashes, but it just stays there with the message "Initializing Version Control" and never opens my project. I have to use Task Manager to close it, and RoboHelp never opens.

Help!I am telecommuting and really don't want to drive an hour to the office (it's a mess; they're redesigning all of our cubicles) and get the DVDs and uninstall/reinstall.

Is there anything I can do to get RoboHelp to stop looking for "Version Control"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, rebooting did the trick. In case anyone else experiences this, I guess rebooting your PC will fix it. It would be nice to know, tho, what caused it. If anyone knows, please share.

BTW, I apologize for this post appearing twice. I only clicked Post once, honestly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp