Expand my Community achievements bar.

Convert doc to PDF and make it available for workspace

Former Community Member

Hi,

is there a way, how to convert a doc file to PDF file and make it available for the workspace (accept - deny scenario)?

Lets say, that I have a contract that has to be approved by my manager. I convert the doc to PDF file and send it to his to-do queue. He than decides if it is a good agreement or bad one.

I see couple of tricks in this. First, the converted file needs to have process fields included, so it has to be a form.

Converted file is a flat PDF. I tried to use DDX to merge flat PDF and form with process fields, however that throwed and error.

Workaround could be creating an envelope saying, hey, look in the attachments section, there is something you need to review.

I can create an attachment in the form with DDX code, however only in the DDX UI interface, for some reason, it wont work in the process in LC.

Also, I have difficulties with routes after user hits the accept, deny buttons in workspace, nothing happens :-(

Could you please give me some advices, what kind of variables I need, what types they should be and how the process should looklike? I want to invoke it over the WSDL so at least one document has to be passed over it. The envelope can be in the resources section in LC (makes sense, but I do not know how to address it in the DDX and afterwards)

Thanks in advance,

H.

8 Replies

Level 10

I think putting the word document on the attachment would be the easiest way.

In the user step, under 'Attachments and Notes' you can specify a list of attachment you want to see at that particular step. They only thing you need to worry about is to put the word document in a document variable. Then put that document variable into a List.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

could you please be more specific on how to put that converted word to PDF as document variable in the list and how to work with the list?

I tried some other things with the list variable and it is one big mystery form me :-(

Thanks

J.

Level 10

Do you have it in a document variable at least?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

I have the converted file in document variable.

Level 10

The add it to a list using the following xPath: /process_data/myList = /process_data/@mydoc

The list has to be a list of sub type documents.

The assign that list under the Attachments and Notes of the user step.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

I can add the converted document to PDF as a attachment to the XDP form in the workspace.

I am strugling now with that envelope (the XDP), cant render it to PDF and than workspace enable it. I will have a look around the web because it will be there. One question is can I control permitions on the attachment? I want just read only permitions.

Thanks Jasmin for your continuous help.

J

Level 10

I'm not sure I understand your problem with the XDP.

Yes you can add permission to the attachment. Check the following post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1997984#1997984

Jasmin