• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Product Title = Page Title

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone point me in the right direction of setting this up, or just what i should search for.

What i need is for example this page - http://www.fishtec.co.uk/ProductDetailInfoWithOptions.cfm?ID=F-G00&ShopRef=23&Prime=No&shopListRec=4... - To dynamically take the Product Title and insert that into the Page Title, So instead Fishtec Fly Fishing (which is a generic page title) it would be Grey X-Flite Light Fly Rods. The product title is allready set up in the database so i guess i just need to pull it in to the correct title tag.

Any information much appreciated

Jos

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean like outputting the product title between the html title tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think that would do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this?

<title><cfoutput>#product.name#</cfoutput><title>

Now product.name is probably not the correct variable and I have no idea what the correct variable is, but I presume you do know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, Thanks for that.

Yeah we tried this before but we found that the query to pull the data in had to sit above the Title tag (so it ran first). This caused problems with the page and we gave up, is this correct, does the query need to site above the title

Cheers

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JosBVG wrote:

is this correct, does the query need to site above the title

Well yeah, like most all programming languages I have ever used, one must first define a variable before one can use that variable.

But I would like to ask what problems you had when you moved the query to the top of the page?  There are some I can imagine for which there are simple fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation