Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

manually created browse sequence not appearing in RH8

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a WebHelp system, and need to create some manual browse sequences that contain reused topics. I haven't done this in a while so I took a look at the help and followed the steps as follows:

1) From the Tools menu, open the Browse Sequence Editor.

2) Create a new browse sequence title.

3) From the left pane, add the required topics.

4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all browse sequences are created.

5) Click OK.

In the help, it states that an Enable Browse Sequence dialog box may  appear (the help says "If"). No such dialog box appeared. As it said if, I presumed there must be some other location from which to enable the browse sequences.

I then tested the browse sequences via the link view and it seemed ok.

I then opened my WebHelp single source layout, and selected the Browse Sequence options, and clicked Finish.

When I opened my generated file, there were no browse sequences, no back/forth buttons, no indication what so ever that these topics are in a browse sequence.

Can anyone help me? Am I missing something. Is there some way that I should be invoking the Enable Browse Sequence dialog box. The help doesn't actual state where this dialog box can be accessed from.

I checked my BRS file and the browse sequences are listed in there.

Thank you,

Tannis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic displayed has to be in the browse sequence before the buttons are enabled. Is that the problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Oh dear this is embarrassing. I have just realised that the browse sequence displays in the TOC toolbar... I was expecting the browse sequence to appear in the topic itself.

Any idea if there is a way to make the browse sequence buttons appear in the topics themselves?

Thanks,

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tannis

If you want, I'll be happy to connect with you and "look over your shoulder" to see your help system and perhaps coach you through the process.

If that sounds appealing, send me an offline E-Mail message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and include your phone number so that I may call and converse in real time.

I can then send you back a link that will allow me to view your screen and see what is happening.

If you don't feel comfortable with this, that's fine too. I just have some time today and thought I'd toss out the offer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to be embarrassed. I don't know of any way to put the buttons into a topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp