Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP File Cannot Publish EXE Locally

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working with a large (70 slide) presentation in Captivate 3 and it no longer allows me to publish it as a standalone Windows executable.  The "select Flash version" select and "Publish" button are greyed out.  Publishing to SWF works fine, and I have the latest Flash Player installed.  Stranger still, I CAN publish an EXE if I use the FTP option.  So I've been exporting an exe to my FTP server, then downloading it back onto my computer.

It is specifically a problem with this CP file; I can publish other projects without issue.  If I copy all my slides and paste them into a new project, it resolves the problem but I lose all of my navigation data (all buttons lose their "jump to" target and revert to "continue", keyboard shortcuts for 508 compliance are lost).

The workaround of publishing to FTP will let me keep my deadline, but I'd rather not leave the project file in this broken state.  Any way to restore desktop exe publishing without redoing all my navigation?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, I wrote my own launcher in Flash. At least this way it doesn't take forever to load from CD, and I don't have to re-publish the exe and app files every time.

It still would be nice if the publishing options within Captivate were a little more robust (read: not terrible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources