Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting data to a CSV or/and emailing

May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a database of members and a cf page which produces a query based upon certain criteria (eg mailing options chosen / sex etc.)

I have the query getting the correct data but how do I go about emailing those members and/or exporting data from the query to an excel spreadsheet, csv or access database file.

Are there any pointer you can give be because this is completely new. (although I have used cfmail)

Many thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use CFHEADER and CFCONTENT to create an Excel spreadsheet. See below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I dont understand what that is. do I need to instal something extra ont he server to get it to work? Whats the vnd file? And as there isnt an end tag, how will it know how much data to produce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you go to http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/5.0/CFML_Reference/Tags12.htm#1097761 and learn about CFCONTENT. Same goes for CFHEADER at http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/5.0/CFML_Reference/Tags45.htm#1355655. The answer to some of your questions are there.

You only need to place the sample code into a file with a .cfm extension and run it on your ColdFusion server. You will see that each table cell is an Excel cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2006 May 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jdeline, I have no idea what those tags do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2006 May 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So did you read the documentation about the tags at the links I provided? Did you run the sample code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation