• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio workflow - Best practices?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week, I've been working diligently creating lots of content with Captivate. I have a question about workflow. Since Captivate captures individual screenshots to generate the movie, what is the best way to lay down audio? For example, I may have several slides dealing with some configuration of the software that takes place through a right-click context menu. Each click to get through that menu is a separate slide. Is there a way to get the audio to span several slides or do I just put a short audio clip on each one?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure if it's necessarily "Best practice", but Captivate normally likes to have the audio narration at the slide level.

However, if you have a few slides where it doesn't make sense to do this, note that you can record a longer audio clip (maybe on a blank slide) then assign the audio to the slide where it should begin. If the clip is longer than the slide, Captivate will offer a dialog allowing you to choose how the clip will be split. You would then choose the option where it simply spills into subsequent slides.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Rick.

Haivng the audio at the slide level makes total sense to me. I think I'm just putting too much onto each slide and I'm still trying to figure out the best approach in using Captivate. Looks like I'm going to have a long weekend sitting in front of a microphone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same question as you Sean. Another option is to have some slides with no audio. So on slide x you could say, 'Next we're going to populate the widget field," then leave off any audio on the 2 or 3 slides that demonstrate that feature.

I find I have to write the whole darn script out word-for-freekin'-word too. It takes a long time, but the result is good quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources