7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2009 3:36 PM by sweattb

getting media-

sweattb Level 1

Once again I am having trouble importing my still images into PE 7 to make a slide show with video also. After arrainging the stills the way I want them and renaming them, PE 7 brings them in all mixed up. I even did a batch rename in PS to try to override this. I thought PE 7 might be using the embedded dates on the jpegs to bring them in, but I checked the dates taken and it isn't even doing that. I know I can arrainge the stills in PE 7, but it is much easier to do this in PS as a batch rename. It doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. Any suggestions?

Bob

• 1. Re: getting media-
          Paul_LS Level 4

You can order them in the project Media Bin by name, click on the column header. There are also a number of other column options that you haven't probably seen. You need to go to Window>Show Docking Headers, then click on the docking header for the Media Panel (to the right of Tasks) and select Edit Columns. You will then see a complete list of column display options.

• 2. Re: getting media-
            sweattb Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do what you have suggested which makes total sense to me.

I do have the Docking headers showing and have tried to click on the docking header for the Media Panel but I am not finding the columns to select the different options. I am including a jpep of my screen so you can see what I am looking at.

Thanks

You can order them in the project Media Bin by name, click on the column header. There are also a number of other column options that you haven't probably seen. You need to go to Window>Show Docking Headers, then click on the docking header for the Media Panel (to the right of Tasks) and select Edit Columns. You will then see a complete list of column display options.

• 3. Re: getting media-
              Paul_LS Level 4

You need to click on the "Edit" tab. Then you will see the two little arrows to the upper right. Click on these and select Edit Columns.

• 4. Re: getting media-
                sweattb Level 1

Thanks again,

I know what the two double arrows are (just like the one to the right of my project and also monitor. In the edit mode, they are not there. I have encluded another jpeg of the print screen in edit mode. Either I am still missing something or maybe there is something wrong with my software.

Thanks

Bob

• 5. Re: getting media-
                  sweattb Level 1

I forgot to mention in the last post that when I click on the arrow in the task bar, nothing happens. Shouldn't it collapse it or change somethin?

• 6. Re: getting media-
                    Paul_LS Level 4

Try dragging your monitor window to the left... making it smaller. The two little arrows should then appear.

The arrow next to Task does nothing.

• 7. Re: getting media-
                      sweattb Level 1

Awesome! Thanks. I did move the monitor box over and there it was. I then selected capture settings and the images were in the right order. Now I can make the show so much easier!!

Bob