• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Equation Images from FM Very Poor

New Here ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to the Tech. Comm. Suite from Adobe and just started undertaking a large project that is supposed to single-source all of our documentation (manual, PDF, online) for our products. We' ve started porting our content in FM. At the same time we are experimenting w/ the best way to bring in the content to RH for HTML delivery. FM is v8 p277 and RH is v7.03.001.

When we import (link) a book into RH all equations come in as jpeg pictures that seem to ALWAYS use Times Roman Italics for the font in the equations and the quality in the HTML delivery is extremely poor (practically unreadable). I noticed that when exporting the same documents from FM directly to HTML (using the SaveAs... htm format) the equation images are exported as gif files that are not as good as what PDF or FM delivers but at they are markedly better than the jpegs. Therefore, my question is:
a) Is there a way to instruct RH when importing FM content to use 'gif' as the prefered format for equation-conversion?

b) Is there any other way to improve appearance of those images? Using different fonts (I tried using a dedicated char format in FM but even though it affects the FM / PDF presentation it does NOT seem to affect the jpeg exported to RH).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just finished fixing up a link pointing your other post to this one. Please don't cross-post. Only ask a question in a single forum category.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I didn't do it intentionally... I originally browsed the HTMLHelp forum, but then I realized that the RoboHelp for HTML is the more appropriate venue for my question, so I posted it there. I'm glad you lefted this one, as it is the more I should have chosen first.

Any suggestions related to my question(s)?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, unfortunately what you need is someone really versed in Frame. Unfortunately, there aren't many folks here that are. Most of us are old RoboHelpers that look quizically at folks that ask us Frame related questions.

You may also wish to consider posting your question in the TCS google group. There are lots of folks there doing the whole Frame -> RoboHelp thing and someone there may have an answer for you if you don't find one here.You can get there using this link.

I know I said you shouldn't cross post, but it strikes me that perhaps only the Frame -> RoboHelp users might be monitoring just the Framemaker integration category. So you may wish to post there asking the same question but providing a link from there to here.

The thing about cross-posting is that it makes finding answers difficult. So we tend to be persnickety and watch it closely. That way if someone needs help in off hours and nobody is around, they might locate an answer by searching. If you have the same questions being asked in different categories, they might give up after finding several dead ends when the answer may have been there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I'm not sure if that's a FM issue. From the momement you have added the "Add Framemaker File" ... by Reference or by Copy in ROBOHELP, and the result is not what's expected, it can be considered a RoboHelp issue/bug. Framemaker displays the equations just fine. Also starting from Framemaker, I can create PDF files that shows the equations PERFECT. Even if I decide to save the FM file as HTML looks a lot better than when I try to import it from RoboHelp. So, it looks to me that the bug is with how RoboHelp "instructs" FM to export the html content and it completely messes it up when it comes to equations.

FM or RH, has Adobe officially acknowledged this as a bug ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC1260,

we are investigating this as a potential RoboHelp issue.

thanks

Dhiren Jani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you could at minimum allow the importing of FM docs/books choose the format for the files (just like one can do when they save a FM doc to HTML format) it would help (minimally, but at least it would make the equations somewhat readable when chosing the gif format).

Thanks.

John Calandranis

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 02:14:41 -0600

To: jcalandranis@hotmail.com

Subject: Imported Equation Images from FM Very Poor

Hi JC1260,

we are investigating this as a potential RoboHelp issue.

thanks

Dhiren Jani

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp