Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording wont save :(

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all!

i am starting to use Captivate.... but i face a serious problem right from the start

when i selct to FMR my application, when i stop recoding ... Captivate shows that it saves the file, but the file is nowhere to be found!

what am i missing!? i would have thought it be a simple enough process! (am i really this dumb?? )

Thank yuìou all!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Do you have ample free disk space? Where are you attempting to save? Is it on a network drive? If so, try saving to your local PC and see if the results are better.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

but i all that you mentioned, has been checked and is positive. so i am still at a loss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shellmate,

Adobe Captivate saves files when you end AUTOMATIC RECORDING.

But when you do FMR and end it => Captivate opens the file BUT it doesnot save it. You will need to save this file explicitly.

Hope i am addressing your issue..

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you make a valid point, thank you. but my problem is that it doesnt even open the file. it just returns to the main screen and asks you what you want to do.

it show that the files saves... but it delets it straight after. i tried looking for the files all over the drive, but they just dont seem to exist.

anyfurther ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shellmate,

In the preference dialog at Recording: Full Motion Recording, there is a field 'Working Folder'. Please make sure that you have permission to write to this folder. If not, change this location to a folder where captivate could read/write successfully. Additionally please make sure that this does not point to network location.

try this approach and let me know if this resolves your issue...

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am having a similar problem.  I am also new to Adobe Captivate and on a trial basis.  I need to develop a Captivate video as a course requirement for school.  I have attempted to make 2 recordings using the Automatic Recording option but can not find the saved files.  I have looked everywhere as you did and nothing is coming up.  Are there any suggestions or what am I doing wrong that the Automatic recordings won't save.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ajm2907,

Couple of questions here for you:

1. What version of captivate are you using?

2. How much disk space is left on your drive where you intent to save this project?

3. In the preferences dialog goto Recording -> Full Motion recording. There is a Working folder field. Could you please verify that you have write permissions at that location. If not please change it accordingly. Please have a local location.

4. When you end the recording, do you see "Save project files" window??

Waiting for your response..

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anand,

thank you for your help so far. but i have not managed to resolve the issue. to answer your questions:

1. 4

2. Plenty (100GB)

3. I have checked that i hold full permissions. i even run the program as Admin.

4. Yes. it also creates a temp file in the location specified, but deletes it straight after

i dont want to mention this.... as i know it will probably make you say its the problem ... but i am running WIn7 Rc1 .... could that be the problem!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please launch captivate in administrator mode and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAIL

T_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure Captivate 4 is supported for Windows-7.

Manish, can you confirm that ?

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i seem to be able to do everything, apart from the topic problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shellmate,

did you try this:

1. Re-start your system. Launch your command prompt(press 'windows + R' on your system and type cmd and press enter). Incase you have windows 7, launch command prompt in administrator mode.

2. At the command prompt, execute these commands:

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s CPExtractor.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s FullMotionRecorder.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s PpsUplo.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s WaveEditCtrl.ocx

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s NSAudio.dll

now try your scenario...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks PROMESSING!!! ^_^

but let me run one thing by you first, as i am quite noobish at cmd lines.  in essence, your commands should be written with " (quotation marks where the file names reppresent spaces), right!?

so how do i parse the last bit (regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll)?

<root>:\"Program Files"\Adobe\"Adobe Captivate 4"\regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll

or am i just OFF TRACK!!??

edit: no, no other versions installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one example would be:

<root>:\Program Files"\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll

without any quotes....and do launch the command prompt in administraor mode(select cmd icon -> do a right click -> you woud see an option to start in administrator mode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hate to defy you.... but its not working for me that way.

when i enter the cmd line:

it says: 'c:\Program' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

while if i enter:

<root>:\"Program Files"\Adobe\"Adobe Captivate 4"\"regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll"

it says: the system cannot find the path specified.

can i edit them thorugh regedit? what does the cmd /s do? or am i just missing the point!?

ps: yes, i did the "run as admin" thingy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try surrounding the whole thing with quotes. Like this:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s Avi2swf.dll"

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAIL

but i dont understand why it doesnt work!?

Ps: i checked the .dll file, and its Avi2Swf.dll as opposed to Avi2swf.dll .... but that didnt make a difference

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I'm not sure if FAIL means that either the process didn't work and you still cannot save. Or if it means the DLL failed to register. If it means the DLL failed to register, are you certain that you are specifying the correct path?

If it means that Captivate still fails on you, this could simply be an indication that Captivate must be updated in order to work properly in the Windows 7 envrionment. I know that Windows 7 is in "Release Candidate" mode. This means that it probably works for the most part, but you could see an issue here and there. Maybe this is a Windows 7 hiccup too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry sir, my bad!

by "FAIL" i just meant that the suggestion you gave me, didnt work.

You do make sense about the Win7 thing. and i am willing to accept it. but what drives me mad... is why i am not able to work with the cmd line that Anand have suggested.

i have checked the path, as you suggested.... and it is the CORRECT path.

So i am at a loss!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish,

Please see my responses below:

1. Using Captivate 4

2. Have 202 GB left

3. I do have access to the working folder location

4. When I end the recording, it brings up the pop-up: "Please wait while saving the project"  then an error message pops up: "Error encoutered while copying audio stream"  I have tried to use the audio and when it brought this message up the first time, I unplugged my mic and noted on teh recording options "No Narration" and still recieved the same error message.

Thanks for the help!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please try this out:

1. Re-start your system. Launch your command prompt(press 'windows + R' on your system and type cmd and press enter). Incase you have vista, launch command prompt in administrator mode.

2. At the command prompt, execute these commands:

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s CPExtractor.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s FullMotionRecorder.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s PpsUplo.dll

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s WaveEditCtrl.ocx

<root>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\regsvr32 /s NSAudio.dll

Now launch captivate 4 and try your scenario. Do let us know if this helps you.

Do you have any other version of Adobe Captivate installed on your system where you are facing this issue?

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish, I tried the copying and pasting the infroamtion into the Administratior cmd screen and recived the following error message: "System can not find the file specified"  I then tried it with out the : and recieved the following error message: "\Program is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Any sugguestions? Thanks! Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you perform a search in your system for one of the listed files, where is it found?

Did you type <root>:\Program... as was stated? If so, I would be surprised if that were to work. I suspect that what was meant was for you to replce <root> with the appropriate drive letter. For example, on your PC it may be C:\Program Files... but on other systems (such as mine) it may be D:\Program Files... as my operating system is found on D.

Also, did you try surrounding the entire string with quotes?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources