Expand my Community achievements bar.

new to LiveCycle problem with form submisson

Level 1

I have been searching the previous posts to find the answer to this question, but to no avail. I apologize if this has already been answered. I created a form to be emailed out to the sales team in our company. When they fill in the appropriate information I would like them to click the submit button to attach the completed locked pdf to an outlook email which is then sent to our orders processing team. I was able to test the form on my pc and it worked great, but whenever I email it out, no one else can get the submit button to work. It doesn't do anything--no error messages or anything. We are all using the current versions of adobe reader. What am I missing? Thanks so much for any feedback…I am very new to this. I can attach the form if needed.

11 Replies

Level 10

How do you test it from you machine?

Can you post the form?

Jasmin

Level 1

I opened the form as a pdf on my computer and filled in the needed fields and clicked the submit button. This opened a new email in outlook with the completed locked pdf as an attachment. I clicked send and the other party was able to open the attachment no problem. I will attach the form in its current state. The pc I’m using runs vista ultimate, office 2007, and CS4 design premium. Most other pcs in the office run xp, office 2003 (some have 2007), and only run reader 9.1 (I think). Thanks for your quick response!

Former Community Member

Did you Reader Extend the form? To email the completed PDF Reader must do a save. To save the file locally Reader Extensions is required. If this is for < 500 users then you can open th eform in Acrobat and under the ADvamced menu choose "Extend Features in Adobe Reader". Just follow the wizard and try the new form produced by Acrobat.

Paul

Level 1

I followed your instructions, saved the form and emailed it off to a coworker for a test. They filled in the required fields, saved the file, and clicked submit and it brought up a security warning:

“The document is trying to connect to

File://C/Documents%20and%20Settings/pkim/Local%Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/CLKBB/jcurry@tbicom.com

If you trust this site, choose Allow. If you do not trust the site, choose Block.”

He then clicked allow, and nothing happens.

Basically what I am attempting to do is have a paperless order sheet for our sales team. They would have a blank copy of the pdf that they fill out and submit for each order. The completed pdf would then be emailed to our order processing team by clicking the submit button. Is this possible? Thanks so much for your help.

Former Community Member

Can you attach your form so I can see what you have set?

Paul

Level 1

here you go...thanks again. your help is very much appreciated!

Former Community Member

The problem is that you are using a submit button (for submitting to the web). You have to include a protocol so your address shoudl read like this:

mailto:emailaddress@network.com

The inclusion of the mailto: tells the submission that you want to email. There are a number of other parameters that you can pass to control the subject, body, cc and bcc of the email as well. Simply google mailto and you wil find many references to the command.

Paul

Level 1

i got it to work--thanks so much...my last question is:

is it possible to have the completed form submitted as a locked document?

that is--when my coworker submitted the form and it came back to me, the fields were still editable.

thanks again

Level 10

You could put script on the form and when set a hidden field to let's say "lock".

Then on FormReady, check the status of the field. If it's "lock", then protect all fields.

As the second user, do you still need to fill some section of the form?

Jasmin

Level 1

i would like the people who will be filling in this form to be able to fill in the required fields then click the submit button that attaches a completed locked copy of the PDF to it's final destination with the people who will be doing the order entry. so at it's final destination, it will be savable, but not editable. thanks so much you guys have been  great!

Level 10

You could use LiveCycle Output to create a non-interactive version of your form. This is usually what people do for archive.

Jasmin