• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get a style to map correctly or paginate as a new topic

New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm linking a Word document with chapters and appendixes into RH8. Heading 1 and Heading 2 are paginated as new topics, and the chapters come in fine. The appendix heading paragraph style is called Appendix 1 (based on Word's "Normal" style), which is equivalent to Heading 1 of a chapter. When I link the Word document, I map Appendix 1 to the Heading 1 style in RH, but the appendixes don't come in consistently. Two appendixes come in as new topics, but the others come in as bookmarks under the other 2 appendixes. In Design view, RoboHelp lists each appendix heading as Heading 1, but they don't paginate as new topics.

I understand that RH won't recognize anything that isn't Heading 1, 2, 3... as designed by Microsoft. But isn't there a way to map styles I've created to Heading 1, and to get them to paginate as new topics?

What's really frustrating is that at one point it was working for me, and then suddenly it started doing this, and I have no idea what changed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - This is apparently a known bug with the Style Mapping in InDesign CS4 but not CS3. Not sure if this is related or not ? ?

http://www.theindesigner.com/blog/restore-style-mapping-presets-report-this-bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp