• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion webservice with SOAP attachments - is it possible?

May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to build web services in ColdFusion that can accept SOAP attachments (such as DIME?)?

We are building a webservice that can accept an unknown number of attachments - hence using <cfargument type="binary"> might not work for us.

Thanks

Felix

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect <cfargument type="xml"> to work for SOAP and <cfargument type="binary"> to work for DIME. What I suppose you've got to find out is how to adapt your WSDL to handle DIME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't think <cfargument type="binary"> will work with DIME.

I know this because I was building this webservice to be called by .NET code - and the .NET developer shows me the way he attaches an attachment using DIME. With DIME, the attachment is not one of the parameters of your webservice function.

Anyway we decided to go the non DIME way and just do it via the <cfargument type="binary"> which according to him is less efficient than using DIME.

Cheers.

Felix Tjandrawibawa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation