Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check box expansion/collapse

Level 1

I have a file that I am trying to get to expand and collapse with a checkbox selection. I have been able to get it to expand and collapse but it still takes up the same amount of room on the page so I have a whole blank page that only populates when a box is checked. So page 1 is filled - page 2 only when checked - half of page 3 only when checked. I want the document to be 2 pages if  no one selects the box to expand the questions. I hope I am explaining myself clearly. I have attached my form for you to take a look at. It took me forever to figure out how to expand and collapse so the hierarchy is probably quite convoluted. I thank you for any insight as I am completely stuck!

4 Replies

Level 6

Audrey, the subforms on each page that contain the sections that you want to resize are set to Position Content.  This means that any object inside the subform will always be rendered in exactly the position that you set it, even if other things in the subform are added/removed.

You need to use Flowed Content for subforms in which you want the objects inside to move up/down as things are hidden and exposed.

To demonstrate, The "time" checkbox seems to be wired up correctly, so set the containing subform on page 3 (the "untitled Subform" above "testcomments") to Flowed Content.  This will allow the underlying subforms to flow upwards/downwards and fill in the gaps when the testcomments subform is added/removed.

Level 1

Thank you! I will give it a try!