Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filename.htt not checked out

Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH7 for HTML, Windows XP.

When I close one particular project, after clicking Yes to check in the selected files, I always get a message that the "filename.htt is not checked out."

But looking at the Project Setup list under Templates the only entry "Newcirc.htt" has a red check mark next to it. Right-clicking that file and selecting "check in" or "undo check out" both get the same message, "newcirc.htt not checked out".

I am not aware of problems from this, but it does not happen in other projects and I'm starting to wonder if/when it is going to bite me in the rear.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009
Hi Joe.

Are you using RoboSourceControl as your source control application? If so, you should know that I don't so am not familiar with the interface. However it would seem that you'll have to check out the .htt file. If you look in the project directory in Windows Explorer, is that file there? Also if the file was renamed, was that done inside RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

To answer your final question I'd look over your shoulder as soon as you have to make any amendments to your template file To prevent any nervous twitch I wonder whether the .htt file was moved or renamed outside of robohelp? The red "x" is a classic symthom of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, it actually was renamed. All of my topics are using it. How do I resolve this? Or can I?

But no red X, just the red check mark.

Thanks.

joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe.

Are you using RoboSourceControl as your source control application? If so, you should know that I don't so am not familiar with the interface. However it would seem that you'll have to check out the .htt file. If you look in the project directory in Windows Explorer, is that file there? Also if the file was renamed, was that done inside RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes I use RSC. I checked it out in RSC, closed the project, reopened the project and did not get the notice. Tried making a few changes and then saved, then closed and did not get the notice. Seems to have taken care of it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp