• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert AS3 to AS2?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed a Flash drag and drop tutorial at http://monkeyflash.com/tutorials/flash-drag-and-drop.

I've made my own images and applied the scripting from the tutorial to my own drag and drop mini game. I want to embed the mini game in a PowerPoint 2007 presentation and then publish the presentation using Adobe Presenter 7.

The mini game I created doesn't work in the presentation published by Presenter 7 because the viewer.swf generated by Presenter is in ActionScript 2.0, while the mini game SWF is scripted in ActionScript 3.0.

How can I convert the script used in my mini game to ActionScript 2.0?

Thanks!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no easy way.

you either must:

1.  pay someone to do it for you.

2.  learn as2 and do it yourself

3.  create a powerpoint presentation that can use as3

4.  don't use powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification:

An AS3.0 SWF works fine in PowerPoint.

I only have difficulty when I try to embedded an AS3.0 SWF into a PowerPoint 2007 presentation and publish the slideshow using the plugin "Adobe Presenter 7."

Presenter 7 exports slideshows and creates a viewer.swf to display the shows inside a webpage. The viewer.swf is scripted in AS2.0, so that's why the embedded AS3.0 SWF doesn't function inside the viewer.swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never used adobe presenter but it doesn't make sense for the latest version (7) would fail to support as3.  i see nothing about that limitation at

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/presenter/7/Release_Notes_EN.pdf

and, in fact, because one of the following:

Additional Requirements
•
Flash Player 8, 9 for Win and Mac.
•
Flash Player 9 for Linux & Solaris.

i would infer it does support as3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Presenter 7 would support AS3, but it doesn't appear to. I've embedded multiple AS2 SWFs and all function without difficulty. But any SWFs scripted with AS3 don't function when published using Presenter 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you search the help files for as3 support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found answer to why Presenter 7 does not support AS3 in this thread: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/viewtopic.php?id=1890

2009-03-29 00:34:27 by Kamal:

"When content is created, there was another problem. Adobe Presenter 7 (the latest version) does not allow embedding other flash animations which use AS3. We are limited to AS2. According to a forum post elsewhere, this has been done to make sure all the Adobe Presenter generated content will be compatible with Connect Pro which is expected to run in Flash Player 8, 9 and 10."

Looks like my options are as you originally posted. I think I'll do my best to find another tutorial that has instructions for scripting a drag and drop game in AS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's too bad.  you might want to add a feature request:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and made a feature request to add support to Adobe Presenter for the ActionScript 3 library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Every One !

i had the same issue when creating a SWF file using Captivate 5.5 and trying to publish using Presenter 7. noticed that Captivate 4 gives you the choice AS2 or AS3, then I realized that it's clearly in the presenter 7 help file that says " Presenter 7 DOES NOT Support AS3" . thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines