• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp for Word - Breadcrumb Links in .CHM?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've read, 8.0 supports breadcrumbs in .CHM files but I can't find any reference to it in RoboHelp for Word.  If I create a new blank project in RoboHelp for HTML and go to generate the .CHM, I get the breadcrumb option and it works correctly.

Am I looking in the wrong place or are breadcrumb links not supported for .CHM in RoboHelp for Word version 8.0?

(Because I know it will be suggested - no, unfortunately I can't just import my documents into RoboHelp for HTML and maintain the project there.)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It would appear that you have your answer. If you choose to create CHM from Word, don't expect to see an option for Breadcrumbs in the CHM file.

Sorry you can't maintain things in the proper tool. I feel for you. Using Word to create and manipulate HTML content is sort of like trying to mix oil and water. You find yourself often frustrated with issue after issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Argh... at least I won't be the one actually maintaining the content going forward!  If I were that person, I would have been on my knees begging to use RoboHelp for HTML instead.  I'm part of the conversion project, so once the oil and water and thrown together, we get to pass it off to the maintenance person.

I do love this forum - you and Peter are so helpful and quick to share your knowledge with Help newbies like me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp