• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 1.7.1 Upgrade Now Live

Participant ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On April 9th, Adobe released version 1.7.1 of Digital Editions.  The primary feature of that release was that it removed the ability for Content Server 3 customers to fulfill content to Digital Editions.  However, unlike in previous releases, we did not prompt existing Digital Editions users of version 1.7 to upgrade to version 1.7.1. This is because a bug was discovered in version 1.7.  Not in 1.7.1, but in the existing version of DE 1.7 that was already out in the field.

The bug in version 1.7 is that if a user declines to upgrade to version 1.7.1, all content fulfillment, whether from Content Server 3 or Content Server 4, fails (and no error message is displayed). The solution to this bug is that all users should accept the prompted upgrade to version 1.7.1.  Please note that if a user declines the upgrade, Digital Editions continues to work correctly and users can continue to read their books, it is only new fulfillment that fails.   As with previous releases, the upgrade prompt for version 1.7 on May 4th will be optional, but due to this bug, we strongly recommend that users accept the upgrade to version 1.7.1.  This upgrade fixes the fulfillment bug immediately and completely.

Adobe regrets any inconvenience this may cause users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this just bit me hard.

One minute I'm able to download books for my PRS-505.  The next, my existing books are WIPED OUT (deleted from the host computer completely, but still in my book reader), and I am completely UNABLE to download any new content.

Oh -- and to make matters worse, I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE 1.71 VERSION because it requires an internet connection with a browser and FLASH.  I DO NOT HAVE FLASH AND DO NOT WANT IT INSTALLED ON THIS SYSTEM -- EVER!!!!!

But there is NO other download link AT ALL for this update.

24 hours away from a long trip (where I needed my book reader) and Adobe pulls this on me.  I cannot begin to describe my feelings for Adobe at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just opened my Digital Edition and need to upgrade but when try to do this it comes up with message that aol cannot open upgrade to large how else can i upgrade using what method. Even asked to reminded at later date but it will not let me down load a purchase that is because i think i need to upgrade i need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A standalone installer can be downloaded from the Developer Network site at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/

You'll want to scroll about midway through to find the "Digital Editions Stand-Alone Installer" link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The download from that location is giving me 1.7 and not 1.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines