• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set RH7 windows to resize according to topics?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like an obvious one, but maybe most of my questions do. Is there a way to set the windows in RH7 to resize automatically depending on the topics? I have looked at all the settings in the Window Properties and Advanced Properties and cannot figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help, you great RH geniuses.

Cheers,

Lacona

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We maybe are not as great as you think as I don't believe this can be achieved. It would be pretty disconcerting to the user as well I'd have thought. Just my two cents.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For what it's worth, I agree with Colum in that it wouldn't be a good practice from the end user standpoint.

However, if you are producing WebHelp, you could accomplish some of it using JavaScript. It would be a bit tortuous and probably require tweaking the script for each topic to achieve the sizing you want. I like JavaScript to a point, but unless I *REALLY* wanted to accomplish it, I wouldn't go there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Colum. So, the user needs to manually adjust windows to view all the text/graphics/tables/whatever? How do you best handle that in a project? Set the window for the largest topic? Limit the size--or at least the width--of the project? (I have some topis with just text and some with graphics which vary in size, so limiting the width might not be an option for me.) Any "best practices" advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well personally I don't ever use screen grabs unless they are either vital or add real value to the help. If I do use them I resize them to make them smaller but without loosing any clarity. For tables, always set the width to a percentage value which means that the table is a set percentage of whatever window size is displayed.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp