Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attaching files to forms, can anyone help me?

Level 1

I would like the ability to give our clients the ability to attach documents to forms.  I am by no means a developer, so the easier the better

Can anyone assit me in the process.

Thank you,

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

Check this thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/341433?tstart=0. Paul Guerett already answred this issue.

BR

Level 1

Thanks! It appears that in order to extend the attachment feature for reader we need the expensive server addition. Do you know if there is a patch or a widget that offers that one function or is this something I am going to have to live without?

Thanks

MCB

Level 8

As it stands, the free Adobe Reader doesn't have this capability (Acrobat does, but its not free).  With the LiveCycle Reader Extensions server product you can add this capability on a document by document bases so users with free Reader can do it.  Basically you pay for it at the server end so the users don't have to pay for it at the client end.

The Acrobat product has the ability to add some reader extensions (not as many as the LiveCycle product), but there are limits in the EULA on how may Reader users can use the Acrobat extended documents.

I don't believe Adobe allows plugins to circumvent the Reader restrictions.  There is no patch because it is not a bug - its the way the software was designed.