Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Simulations

Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using Captivate and have spent way too much time trying to figure out what I have done wrong, so I am hoping you all are a friendly group and will help out a newbie. Thanks in advance!

I have created an application demonstration in a custom screen of 720 x 540 resolution in Captivate 4.0 with relative ease. My next task was to try to create a simulation that has some demo and some training simulation. I changed the default preference mode of custom to include show mouse location and some of the other options since I have a smaller screen and need to scroll to get to other parts of the window. I then recorded. When I preview the file, it shows the movement of the screen based on the mouse movement of the scroll bar, but when it is time for the mouse click of a selected field, the screen shot returns to before the scroll took place.

Again, any guidance in the right direction is appreciated.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During recording, when your screen is scrolled into position, I would try taking an extra snapshot (Print Screen button) before clicking on the selected field.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Vicki Lyn,

In the preferences dialog(pressing shift+F8 should launch the preferences dialog in CP4), at Recording->Settings, uncheck the "Capture interim screenshot" checkbox. Now try recording your scenario. This should hopefully resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources