• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the Robohelp7 context-sensitive part work in Robohelp8?

Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'm dealing with the robohelp7-to-robohelp8 upgrade, and my task is to upgrade the server part (while there's another teammate to work on the authoriing part).  For the context-sensitive portion with robohelp7 in the past, the application passed the content-sensitive parameters into the URL "//<server>/robo/bin/robo.dll" (where "<server>" is the webserve name) to display the context-sensitive help page.  Now with robohelp8, please let me know the way to make the context-sensitive work.  Cuz seems like robo.dll no longer exists in the robohelp8 version.

Thanks in advanced for all your inputs.

Izabella

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for the reponse with the reference posting, and it describes the problem well that I'm also looking for that roboapi.asp (interfacing with robo.dll) in RH8 to support the context-sensitive operation.

So apart from the Tomcat configuration to run with IIS or Apache, the bottom line is ... what's the API for RH8 to interface with the context-sensitive input parameters now that roboapi.asp and robo.dll (used to be in RH7) are gone.

All inputs are appreciated.

Thanks.

Izabella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Izabella-

You'll still be able to use your context-sensitive parameters. I answered the (long-dead) post of mine that is linked here in the first reply. I'll also try to have the developer who is doing the coding pop on on Monday and see if she has anything to add to the discussion!

(It's good to know that we weren't the only frustrated company out there... this cause us a lot of pain... we're actually still working on getting our links all working again... sigh.)

-T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp