Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message After Update TO digital editions 1.5

New Here ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
No record for this loan is found on this machine.

Digital editions forced me to update when I logged on now I cannot access any of my books. I get the above error message. I'm using Windows Vista, dgital editions update was 1.5. I think it has something to do with authorizing my computer is there away to unauthorize it? Does anyone else have this problem? Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suffer a similar problem: opened an EBook and then was prompted to update the DE. Did so but then got the DRM Error Message "441 Could not authenticate with voucher engine at server. Server Code 400."

It said to contact customer service...but then it said there is no support for the DE except on this forum.

Everything is frozen in DE.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions is supported via webcase only, at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact. There is no phone support, so if you phoned support and were given an incorrect answer we'd like to know (the correct answer would have been to create a support case for you!)

If you have more specifics on where you were told that there was no support except forums please let me know so we can attempt to correct it.

What we now have on this thread are two different errors, probably unrelated.

W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
I don't know what this one means exactly yet. Asking Engineering for more info. In the meantime please do open a support case.

"441 Could not authenticate..."
This means that the request back to the authentication server failed for some reason. There can be a number of reasons for this. If this is an ebook from a vendor contact the vendor first and make certain it's not an activation error on their end. Also check to see if you get similar errors on the free books at http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/. Errors with the free books would indicate a possible network problem such as a firewall or some caching preventing the call back to the activation server from working.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ADEPT_IO SignInDirect Error%20#2032

I get this now after the upgrade and NOTHING will open
One of the books is the core text for an exam I have in 24 hours.
I had to buy it online because all the copies in the library were out, and now I can't access it.

Why were we FORCED into an upgrade thats causing so much problems??
These things should be optional!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2009 Jun 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were having the same problem:

When downloading any E-book, including free ones (tried several different free sources including Adobe).

Tried reinstalling ADE, and disabled the Windows Firewall.  Didn't work.

On a hunch I tried using IE instead of our usual Firefox 3.  That worked.

So, if the Adobe team is still looking into this, try looking at the differences between how IE and Firefox are sending /  recieving requests.  In the meantime, anyone who's having these issues might try using IE (or some other browser) other than Firefox.

I sould also mention for the Adobe guys that if your back-end is Oracle, and you use their tool set for making web portals, the problem might be somewhere in the Oracle software.  We see this kind of problem with Oracle and Firefox all the time at work.  God knows why; luckilly it's not my department

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2008 May 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to login to Digital Editions I receive the same error

Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.

I'm also unable to open a support case. When I click the open support case link the connection seems to time out.

The message I receive when I enter the 'Customer Support Portal'

Thank you for logging into the support portal with your new account. We are now providing you access. Please try again in a few minutes.

Both errors have been continuing for the past few days. I'd love to be able to at least log the error I'm having!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jookieapc, please phone customer service and discuss your portal problem. http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
Document is licensed for a different user account

Digital editions also forced me to update when I logged on, now I cannot access any of my ebooks which were previously purchased.

I get the above error message. I'm using Windows Vista with all current maintenace, dgital editions update was 1.5.

Forcing the update was wrong! Removing the authorization on previously purchased ebooks was wrong! There is no support. My only recourse to get what I need NOW (my ebook) is to go back to the seller of the ebook (Adobe's paying customer) and report my bad experiences with Adobe DE and demand a reauthorization of my ebook downloads. I have a NOW problem, I can't wait for an offshore email que that is overloaded by a poor upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell,

Support -is- available. Digital Editions is supported via webcase only, at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact. There is no phone support. That's the only way our team can help you.

We're not sure yet what's causing this problem, so it would be really helpful if you could open a case. If you choose not to do so then you'll have to wait until we figure this out.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is now resolved.

I had a number of problems of form submittal problems on all web browsers when running a fresh install of Windows XP with SP2. Then I installed SP3 and it completely fixed those problems and the activation problem I was having.

I assume that is was a new library or database thing that I never updated to my version of XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an eBook from Cisco press today. When I downloaded de the eBook Adobe Digital Editions forced me to upgrade to version 1.5.

I did the upgrade, but now I can't open any of my previously purchased books. I get this error:
Internal error - document already failed.
"Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND.

I visit your web page trying to find solution, I log in with my account but when I try to open a case (the only way you can solve the issue), I got the error "Thank you for logging into the support portal with your new account. We are now providing you access. Please try again in a few minutes". Hours after that, the same message appears.

I'm very disappointed with this situation. I'm studying for a Cisco certification and now I'm stuck because I cant read my eBooks. I don't know why you forced the upgrade and I ask you to solve this issue as soon as possible, because as I told you, I can´t open a case in your page. Besides, I'm not the only one having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have SP3 installed or have you kept Windows Updates enabled? If not, try installing SP3 - it might work for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines