• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8 + Exchange 2007

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if I've missed something in IIS7 or the Exchange Management Console. I am able to connect to OWA with regular browsers and various usernames but am getting the "Diagnostics: Cannot access Exchange server as a web application at 10.10.10.24. Ensure that the Exchange web application is configured in IIS and Web Service Extension for the Exchange server is allowed." error when I try to connect via cfexchange tags.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you connect to the web-browser version via https://?  If so, this may be the problem, I've hit it in the past - the self-signed cert that Exchange uses is unknown to CF, it's not in the certificate store so it rejects it and errors out.

Let me know if this is correct and I can show you an extension that may help, or a command line process to add the self-signed cert to the certificate store.

Other than that, I'm not sure - if you go to http://10.10.10.24/ to get to Exchange and it works, I can't tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connecting via HTTPS and I've installed the cert in the local keystore.

Since my original post I've changed the authentication properties in the

WebDav area of the Exchange Management Console and instead of my original

error I am now getting a " Unable to connect to the Exchange server using

HTTP/HTTPS protocol. HTTP response code : 440 "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to the CFADmin interface, try installing Certman to it and see what that gives you in regards to the certificate you installed in the keystore.  If the name of the certificate DOESN'T match the url you are trying to get to in the cfexchange tag - that may be the problem.  Maybe you could retry importing the certificate via Certman, after removing the old cert?

Just an idea (disclaimer - I'm the author of Certman - no warranty provided!!! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I was missing the all important "mailboxname" tag since my mailboxes primary smtp address is different from our AD domain name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike - similar problems here - no success with mailboxname however.What format did you specify it in? I've tried "username", "DOMAIN\username", "email",  and "email@us.com", but I can't shake the "Ensure that the Exchange web application is configured in IIS and Web Service Extension for the Exchange server is allowed" error. I don't have access to the mgmt console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO here's what I have found when connect correctly (as seen in the event log of exchange) the response is "Cannot access Exchange server as a web application at ...."

BUT when the password is incorrect I get "Access to the Exchange server denied.             "...

I still can't get anything back regardless of mailbox name etc...

I've also successfully done a cfhttp and got the login page back so I know it's not a SSL issue.

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever figure this out.  I've been working on the same problem for months now.  I can't find anyone that can help.  What an impossible mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation