Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to remove fields and the space the occupy form a form before printing

Level 1

I have a dynamic form which should only print certain portions depending on checkboxes (if checkbox is checked, print paragraph; otherwise, don't print). I am using javascript to change the paragraph form visible to hidden prior to printing. I would like to also eliminate the blank space when I make the paragraph hidden. In other words, I want to collapse the pdf document based on the user inputted check boxes. Anybody have a simple solution? I am using LiveCycle Designer 7.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The paragraph that you want to hide, and the object below it, need to be contained in a subform that is set to Content: Flowed.  This will allow everything inside that subform to move up when an object is hidden.  If you set the Content of a subform to Positioned, it will place objects at the exact position that you specify when you design the form, regardless of whether other objects are visible or hidden.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

The paragraph that you want to hide, and the object below it, need to be contained in a subform that is set to Content: Flowed.  This will allow everything inside that subform to move up when an object is hidden.  If you set the Content of a subform to Positioned, it will place objects at the exact position that you specify when you design the form, regardless of whether other objects are visible or hidden.

Level 1

Thanks very much. I tried it and it worked correctly. At least now, I know it can be done!