• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slide transition not smooth when using a continue button

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I'm not new to Captivate, but cannot resolve this one on my own. I'm using CS4.

I've created a Captivate movie that has a combination of software simulation and simple slides that have a caption on them. The ones with the captions also include a continue button that pauses the movie so the user can read the information and then when they click the continue button, the movie continues. Simple enough. The problem is when I playback the movie, the slides that have a continue button blink when transitioning from one slide to the next. It looks like the background image (same on all slides) is blinking, which it should not. The settings are set not to transition, so it looks smooth.

The slides that do not have a button transition just fine, looking as if it is one continuous slide. This blinking is quite annoying and distracts from the smooth transition of the rest of the movie. Has anyone else noticed this, and have you found a solution to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Stevie G

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that it may not be the background slide that is blinking. I also have a highlight box over the entire background, which fades it out slightly. I have the highlight boxes setup so they appear to transition smoothly across slides (technically no transition), but I think this is what is blinking. The settings are set to display for the rest of the slide and then the same is used for the next slide.

I've duplicated one of the slides that was blinking and I removed the button but kept everything else the same. This one didn't blink. So it makes me think the buttons are causing this blinking problem.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the Button programmed to do?

* Continue

* Go to next slide

??

My thought here is that if it's jumping to the next slide, perhaps try using Continue and configure timing so it may appear without the flash?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They were setup to continue.

I figured out a work around by setting the buttons to go to next slide and then adding some space in the next slide before the next caption appears. This works, but it is still a work around.

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources