• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp RH6 in Chrome and Safari 4

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a webhelp system in RH 6 that needs to work in different browsers, and also chrome and safari 4. I have already looked for answers on the web but could not find anything that actually helped me out.

so:

*is it possible to let the webhelp of RH6 be viewed in chrome/safari 4? How?

*or is it necessary to upgrade to RH8? Can I then be sure my problem will be solved?

Many thanks in advance

Ynske

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH supports IE, Firefox and Safari, not Opera or Chrome. That does not necessarily mean the help will not work in Opera or Chrome, just that TechSupport will not assist you if it does not.

An output from RH8 is going to have fewer issues but no one can guarantee your work will display correctly, even if you use the supported browsers. You could import something with "errors" that may look OK in the Design Editor but do not work in a browser.

I am not sure what you are getting at when you ask how the help can be displayed. In IE and FF you can use File > Open and browse to the start page. Maybe you mean open them from an application? That's for your developers but see Calling WebHelp on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

thanks for your reply.

The "how" was rather meaning "how can I fix the issues I'm having with displaying my RH6 webhelp in Chrome or Safari 4, are there patches, bits of code to add somewhere,..."

What I see now when I open the webhelp system in Chrome is a blank page for a few minutes, and then the browser says he can't open the file. In Safari 4 on Mac I can see the TOC, but index and search do not work. Safari 4 on my colleagues PC gives the same effect as Chrome (seems weird to me...).

kindly

Ynske

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try one of the supplied sample projects to ensure they work. That will indicate whether or not the issue is with your project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp