Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send Email problem

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
The send email button works only when my project is not published. When published in .swf, I get the error message "error on page" when the button is clicked. What am I doing wrong?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

*sigh* - I grow so weary of this issue. Here's why.

You aren't doing anything wrong. What you are doing is joining a vast number of Captivate users that are all reporting issues with E-Mail not working as you expect. If you were to search this forum for reports of E-Mail not working you would probably be very surprised at how often it's reported. The bad news is that there are no sure fire workarounds to offer.

Please consider reporting it to Adobe as a bug.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

If you are able to publish in .EXE format, I hear from some that it works every time in that format.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are you reffering to the "Send Email" button that you enable under Quiz Preferences>Reporting>LMS>Email?
Or
Under Quiz Preferences>Pass or Fail>If passing score send email?

2. This is kind of off topic....but, once I download Cap4, will I still be able to edit and display my Cap3 files? Or do I need to keep both Cap3 and Cap4 programs installed on my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Rod

Probably either place.

You may keep Captivate 3 and 4 on the same PC. Assuming 4 isn't an upgrade to 3 and is a separate license.

What you won't be able to do is to take a Captivate 3 project, edit it with 4 and expect to return to 3 and edit further. Captivate doesn't support saving in an older format.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources