- go to the menu Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts
- in the popup window, select Panel Menus
- scroll down the section that starts with Links... until you get to Links: Update Link
- set a command key of your choice
- click 'assign'
- another window will appear saying you can't modify the default set - and do you want to create a new set based on the default. Click yes
- in the new popup window, name the set, and click OK
- click OK in the open window
... you should be good to go.
Awesome, thanks so much. I had missed the "Panel Items" in that menu, that does the trick.
Just found this -- saved me a bunch of fiddlin', thanks!