• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Save Word Conversion Settings

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing Word 2003 files into Robohelp 8 HTML.  The conversion is going well, but I cannot save the Conversion Settings.  Here's the steps I'm using:

1. Click File, Import, Word Document
  2. Select a Word Document
  3. In the Import window, click the "Edit" button (under Word Document, Edit Conversion Settings for Word Documents). 
    1. RoboHelp then scans my Word file for all styles and displays the Conversion Settings window.
    2. Map styles to Robohelp styles and select Pagination for all heading levels.
    3. Click OK, which returns me to the Import window.
  4. In the Import Window, the Export... button is ghosted.  From here I want to save my Conversion Setttings so I can reuse them on other Word documents.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you can when you do an import - it's a one-shot thing each time. I know that if you link, then you can export & re-import your settings...

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the Importing and Linking topic in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm. I don't think the dialog was meant to be used with importing although there is good reason that it should be, as you are aware.

There is a way of making it work but that hits a bug.

I will be filing a feature request and ask you to do the same as the more people who indicate it is wanted, the greater the chance of implementation.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I filled out a bug on this--it really seems like a bug to offer a choice but never activate it,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp