Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Punctuation in help topics not rendering properly after font change

Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I changed the font used for help topics from Verdana to Trebuchet MS in order to comply with changes in corporate style guidelines. Since I changed the font, in the output help files punctuation marks (single and double quotes and ampersands) don't display correctly. For example, a phrase such as:

the "M" value

now displays, incorrectly, as

the value

I'm seeing the problem in two different help systems, one developed in RoboHelp version 6 that produces output as a .chm file. The other help system, developed in RoboHelp 7, produces WebHelp output files.

Does anyone know if the RoboHelp compiler is incompatible or partly incompatible with certain fonts? I'm not sure what else might be causing my problem. I didn't modify anything else but the font.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

How exactly did you set about changing the font? What do you see when you select the Quotes and the Text and examine the HTML code behind it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp