• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when accessing top menu - RoboHelp 8 (TCS 2)

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem

Program Crash: Adobe RoboHelp 8 HTML
Suite: Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2 (TCS 2)

Description: program crashes as soon as I try to access the application's top menu - even before opening or creating a project.  This crash occurs whether using the mouse (touchpad) or keyboard. (The "Alt" key alone will trigger a crash.)

Windows message: "Adobe Robohelp 8 has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ..."

Notes: 1) originally had TCS 1 evaulation then installed TCS 2;

2) reinstalling TCS 2 did not solve this problem.

Request

Please advise if you have had a similar issue and how it was resolved.  I have reported this as a bug to Adobe.

Environment

Notebook PC: Toshiba Satellite Pro A300
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz
RAM: 4Gb
Updates: Windows and Adobe applied up to Jun 16, 2009

Windows application log reports the following application error:

Faulting application RoboHTML.exe, version 8.0.0.203, time stamp 0x4944f3bb, faulting module OLEACC.dll, version 4.2.5406.0, time stamp 0x4791a74d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00004170, process id 0x62c, application start time 0x01c9eecf04239e25.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this Vista 64 bit? If so, have you tried running in 32 bit mode?

I don't think we have seen an "Adobe Approved" version of RoboHelp for Vista 64 bit to date.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a 32-bit operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have solved this one - notes are here for anyone with similar problem.

The hint of OLEACC.dll led me to try likely suspect processes - and de-activating PwdBank.exe was what restored Robohelp access.  Further reading led to the Toshiba support website, where PwdBank was associated with problems in TrueSuite Access Manager.  My current version was 2.1.14.0.  I upgraded (uninstalled old, installed new) to the latest version (2.5.29.0) and the problem is no longer occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp