Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions in Openoffice

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm recording a project of Openoffice and I've observed that the captions doesn't create automatically. Does someone know if it's possible to obtain the captions without doing it manually?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you record Windows Notepad do you get captions? If so, it means that Captivate simply isn't understanding Open Office. I'm unaware of any way past that if that's the case. You will likely end up adding the captions after the fact.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I record Notepad, the captions generates automatically, but for example, Openoffice Writer doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

There's your answer. Captivate is working fine as it records the captions in Notepad. But apparently OpenOffice hasn't been programmed where Captivate understands what to do with things. I'm not a programmer, but I'm guessing it may be that there is a "Microsoft approved" method of building applictions and perhaps Captivate has been programmed to understand things that have been programmed that way. Because OpenOffice has been created to offer an alternative, it may not have been programmed to use the "Microsoft approved" way of doing things.

Again, that's just a guess.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C4_,

Download and install JAVA access bridge from here.

Place the exe in you captivate installation folder. Now try recording on open office.

Do confirm whether now you getting your captions?

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, but the captions continue without generating automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C4,

Please install following -

1. latest version of Java - Java 6 update 11 - runtime installer from here

2. Java Access Bridge for windows operating system 2.0.1 from here

After installing please verify that:
- "program files/Java Access Bridge" should be there on your machine
- WindowsAccessBridge .dll should be there at "C:\windows\system32"
If these two verifications pass then try your recording scenario on open office.
Manish
http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have installed all and I have verified that all was correct, but when I record my project, it only generates a few captions (before installing nothing, Captivate generates the same captions when I recorded a project).

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources