• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting asked to install Flash Player

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... new computer ... Pentium 4 running Windows XP Pro.  I'm using Internet Explorer 8.0.  I went to www.adobe.com and downloaded Flash Player.  Yet, almost every web site I go to tells me to click on the yellow bar at the top because it needs to download Adobe Flash Player.  I click on it, and the page runs fine.  I even went to the Adobe test site and confirmed my Flash Player was successfully downloaded.  So, why is it that just about every web site I go to tells me I need to download Flash Player?  Again, as long as I click on the yellow bar at the top, I can view these web sites with no problem.  I just now went and downloaded Flash Player again, and still all the sites tell me it needs to be downloaded.  Hmmmm.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this is happening; I suggest that you try an alternate installation method:

Let us know if it is better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat... Perhaps I was not reading what was in the yellow bar at the top of my screen correctly.  Here it is word for word:

>This website wants to run the following add-on: Adobe Flash Player from Adobe Systems Incorporated. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here...<

So, I'm thinking that it's asking to run Flash Player, not asking me to download it.  But, is it normal to get this question over and over and over when I go to just about any website, except the very simple web sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes - that is a completely different situation. It means that Flash Player is installed, but Internet Explorer's security settings are prompting you each time to allow to run it.

I'm sure you can change that setting, but I wouldn't know how, as I rarely use IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem and was going crazy trying to get it fixed, So here's your solution  in quick fast laymans terms for

the flash player with Internet Explorer

The problem is IE sees this type of add on as a potential threat and wants you verify it is a trusted source

unfortunaly it is some kind of delayed reaction so it doesn't show until after you have restarted your computer, leaving you with the impression that this is just some "pop up " that won't go away

go to your "START" menu ('03- for '07 the windows icon is your start menu)

at the search bar key in ADOBE

you should see a couple adobe files, what ever you have installed plus one called "get Adobe Flash Player" ( this is because flash player is not fully installed) double click on "get Adobe Flash Player"

read and agree to terms(as always)  and click on agree and install

now your popup warning bar will appear,

click on warning bar

click on "run add on "

when prompted choose "install active X"

I actually had to do the last part twice don't know why

But the problem is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I had a little box that said that Adobe updates were ready to be installed, so I did.  Now I am asked the same thing on every page.  How do I get rid of it??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines