Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 Tabs

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any way to prevent each new topic from opening in a separate tab?

Thanks

Emma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma.

Unfortunately each new topic is also a separate file so no there isn't. Out of interest, why is this a problem for you?

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it may require extra CPU/memory and I'm looking for ways to make RoboHelp work more efficiently. Someone in my team said he thought he felt an improvement in performance after closing the tabs.

We have an application that works in a similar way but enables the user to decide whether to display the information in a new tab or in separate tabs, so I thought it may be configurable.

Thanks

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right click on any tab to display a series of close tab options which may help you. Personally I doubt there are significant performance implications with multiple tabs unless you have loads open.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Personally, I make it a regular habit of advising anyone attending classes I conduct that you really shouldn't have more than a few open at a time. Not only does it make it more difficult to easily locate the topic you are interested in, but I'm thinking it will have to impact the performance at some point. And I prefer to be better safe than sorry.

I've also seen others that really desired to work as RoboHelp used to. Where opening one topic simply replaced what was open in the editor. So I can easily see why someone may want that option. It doesn't exist, of course, but those that would like to see it offered as an option in future versions should please request it!

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp