Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant generate my help file into .pdf format

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I cant't generate my help file into .pdf format for printed documentation.  My .pdf option is not enabled.  How do I get it enabled?  I am on version 8.

I am following the instructions in help.

thanks

Caryn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same question from someone else recently. Turned out they had not installed the PDF add on when they installed RH.

Reinsert the CD and see if the option is ticked. If it is, it was not installed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if that was it?  I will check.  It is amazing that something like this is not in Adobe's knowledgebase, I checked earlier.

thanks

Caryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is it, I don't think you can blame Adobe's documentation for not covering that something might not work if you don't install it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to my cd and installed .pdf option again.  How can I tell if I got it?  I did get install success message.  But, when I go into robohelp, it is sitll not enabled.  What else can I try?

Thanks

Caryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your list of printers to see if it is listed.

Open Word and send a document to the PDF add-on which will be listed in the list of printers when you go to File > Print.

Post back and include a screen shot of the first page of the print wizard. Use the camera icon above so that the image is in the post rather than attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cutepdf printer installed already.   What should I do know?

thanks

Caryn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i select printed doc i get the following message when i try to generate a .doc file (.pdf not available).

The word VBA macro version register is incorrect.  Reinstall printed documentation.

What does this mean?

thanks

Caryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore CutePDF. You can have more than one PDF printer.

Is the Adobe one listed in Printers? Do you see it when you try to print a Word document? Open Word directly for this purpose.

The problem when you try to print to Word from RH is because your Word macro security level is set too high. Set it to Low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I did not install it correctly.

I got it to work now.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can generate my .pdf doc.  How do i enable my commenting tool bar?  I select my options under the tool bar, such as post it notes, but it says it is not enabled here now.  Do I need to purchase Adobe acrobat Standard?  If yes, does that mean al my reviewers would also need a copy.

thanks

Caryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the camera icon above, not Attach Files below, please show an image of the Comments toolbar.

My understanding is that via RH, you can only submit PDFs for review is you have the Technical Communication Suite which gives you a menu option to create a PDF and send it for review. That is a very different option to the ability to create a PDF as requested in your original post.

I believe http://www.acrobat.com may give you other options to achieve the same objective, creating a PDF for review. Other uses only need one of the later versions of Acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For comment specific feature, please install Adobe Acrobat 8.0 version. It has a full-fledged Comments & Markup menu as well as a Comments menu section. At any point of time, multiple users can review the PDF and you can view the comments instaneously provided the document is online.

Just my two cents.

Thanks & Regard,

Rajdeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajdeep

If I understand you correctly, any of the Acrobat 8 or greater versions can generate a PDF with the comments feature. Correct please?

That means that one person must have a paid for version of Acrobat, commenting cannot be initiated by users of Acrobat Reader, the latter only enables you to comment on a PDF that has been created in a paid for version. Correct please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Yes I figured that out. Thanks for your feedback

Caryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Please find my comments inline:

If I understand you coIf I understand you correctly, any of the Acrobat 8 or greater versions can generate a PDF with the comments feature. Correct please?

Absolutely!

That means that one person must have a paid for version of Acrobat, ommenting cannot be initiated by users of Acrobat Reader, the latter only enables you to comment on a PDF that has been created in a paid for version. Correct please

Yes, the commenting has to be inititated or rather the person with the paid version installed has to assign rights to the reviewers. Only then the assigned persons will receive emails in their inboxes that the document is set for review.

Regards

Rajdeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp