• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions makes me authorize every time

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Digital Editions the Setup Assistant comes up and makes me authorize my computer. I've done it three times now. I can't open it or open borrowed pdfs unless I'm online so I can authorize it again.

What causes this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, I'm having the same problem.  I've been reading the forums and this seems to have been a problem since last August but so far it has not been resolved with a permanent solution.  I opened Case #0180974302 and so far the only reply I received is "we need your login ID in order to reset ADE" the frustrating part is, they included my login ID with the request for it.  I have books that I borrowed from our local digital library that I cannot read and only have a limited time to read them.  I hope you have better luck than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I opened case 010986494.  After about three days, they finally reset my activation counter. I was able to then authorize ONCE. The next time I opened ADE, same problem.  What's really annoying to me is that I explained to them that there's an underlying problem, and they conveniently ignore that.  This is incredibly frustrating. There's no accountability on Adobe's part or from Wiley.com, where I bought the digital book.  It looks like I just wasted $100.  Nobody cares!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One case would be some sort of registry "blocker" or "cleaner". Look at this entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation. If it is not there or get erased, Digital Editions cannot save activation information and has to reactivate again.

What kind of CPU and OS do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell with XP, I am considering getting a new Dell with the new Vista OS and wondering if that will resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might or might not, it is still not clear to me why this happens in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, There are existing entries in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation. There are three main

folders, credentials, activation token, and activation service info, with

entries/values under each. I have an HP 6530b laptop with Windows XP

professional. My CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @2.4 GHz with 3 GB of

RAM.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines