• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish for review not working

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the publish for review feature in Captivate cs 4.  When I select this option the program takes some time and then displays this screen:publish.gif

But as you can see never displays the view output option- nor does it ever open my mail client as the help file says it should.  I don't have a progress bar or any other action- it just seems to stop here.

eventually it does put a .crev file in the same directory of the project ( If I leave this dialog box open forever).  But when I try to open this file I get this error:

reviewer.gif

Help Please.  I am new and so I'm hoping this is something simple I am not doing right.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is your default E-Mail client? I ask because I had some issues with Captivate until I specifically configured the default in Microsoft Internet Explorer's Internet Options. Maybe your issue is similar.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default mail client is outlook.  I did verify that it is the defualt mail client for browser (using IE 8) .  Tried again but same  result.

Tried with a much smaller sample file as the project takes a really long time to publish the crev file still not able to open the file- even when I set Captivate Reviewer to run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Captivate 4 as an administrator as well?

Are you by any chance using a 64-bit Vista system?

Have you downloaded the latest update to Captivate 4 from Adobe?

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Captivate 4 as an administrator as well? Yes

Are you by any chance using a 64-bit Vista system? Yes

Have you downloaded the latest update to Captivate 4 from Adobe? Yes

Very frustrated.  No response from Adobe despite the one business day response promise on the support site.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.  I would really like to use the full features of this product but it seems it doesn't work with Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I know you said you are already running Captivate as an administrator. But does the behavior change if you right-click the icon and choose running as Administrator that way?

Admittedly, grasping at straws here in an attempt to help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I unchecked the run as administrator in the properties dialog box and then opened by right clicking and choosing run as administrator. It doesn't change anything.  I have decided that the crev files don't open because after waiting forever for the output I have to click cancel which probably means the export isn't complete.  I also realized that if I move the cursor around I do see a progress circle (indicating the program is still trying).  But I can leave it for hours and it never completes.  This happens with a one slide project as well as the larger ones I'm working on.

While I was responding and thinking about your post, your suggestion prompted me to try running it in XP mode-- which did allow the process to complete and created a usuable crev file!!!!

Finally!!  It also successfully created an email with links.  I will work with this today to be sure everything else still functions- but I think it safe to say all these issues tied to Captivate not being totally compatible with Vista.

Thanks Rick for your attention and concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the captivate exe icon, choose properties then compatibility.

Then select to run in windows xp mode(service pack 2).

This will allow the publish for review feature to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Sorry my suggestion failed to directly address the issue. But I'm pleased you were able to resolve it!

Ever so nice of you to post the workaroud too. That way others may benefit.

Sending good Karma thoughts your way!

Personally, I try to do ALL my banking at FUBOK. (First Universal Bank Of Karma)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources