• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter won't Publish - gives Flash Player error

New Here ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the free trial of Presenter today. I completed a presentation and clicked "Publish" and got the following error message:

"You will need to upgrade Adobe Flash Player before using this option."

I have gone to the Adobe site and installed the latest Flash Player, rebooted the computer and tried to publish it again, but I get the same error message.

The Presenter trial is Version 7 and I am running PowerPoint 2007 on Windows Vista.

What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I'm frustrated at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter Error.jpg

I am also getting this error (see error dialog above). I am running Adobe Presenter 6.2 and have Adobe Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed. I have tried uninstalling the flash player and installing verion 9 with no success. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash player 10 with no success. I have tried uninstalling Adobe Presenter and Flash player 10 and then reinstalling both with no success.

Please help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of issues come to mind...

First if you using 32bit or 64 bit Vista make sure you install the Flash Player as Administrator...

If your using 64bit Vista flash will only run in the 32bit version of Internet Explorer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue simply by running the  Adobe Flash Player uninstaller, rebooting IE to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files and reinstall Flash Player 10. Issue solved on my end and it was once again a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey keanna,

I already tried uninstalling the Flash player using the uninstaller from Adobe as you mentioned with no success. This did not solve the error for me. What do you mean when you say "rebooting IE to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my OS and software specs:

Windows XP

PowerPoint 2007

Adobe Presenter 6.2

Adobe Flash Player 10,0,22,87

The error occurs when selecting publish from within PowerPoint - Presenter Add-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sage,

I know. I was having the same problem but with Presenter 7 and in Windows Vista. I also had to install IE 8 fresh before I re-installed the flash player 10. In other words, a fresh browser install and a fresh flash player install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I think I have an answer.  I use Firefox as my default  browser. Since  PowerPoint is a Microsoft product, I decided to check and see if the Flash plugin was installed on Internet Explorer. I discovered that it was not, even after installing the stand alone Flash Player. Once I successfully installed the Flash Plugin for IE7 I solved my problem with Presenter and PowerPoint. Hope this helps someone else out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources