Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off the audio

Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to record some projects with audio and some without. How do you disable or turn off the audio to record a project with no sound.

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you begin recording, you have a choice as to whether you are also recording audio at the same time.

Most of us will recommend that you don't use that feature. We take a huge clue from the professional movie makers. Those folks never record the final audio at the same time as they are shooting the set. Instead, they focus on the action. Then they layer in the audio as a separate process later.

The bottom line is that with Captivate you have many options. Seldom are you ever painted into a corner with no way out.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r

"When you begin recording, you have a choice as to whether you are also recording audio at the same time."

That's I want to know where is this feature where you can choose whether or not to record audio at the same time.

Please check my videos and give me your feedback: http://www.fireworkszone.com/page-2-4-0-521.html

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you begin the recording process with Captivate, you normally see the red recording rectangle.

Click the images below to view at full size.

tmp1.png

Click the Camera icon and you see a flyout menu. Click the Audio drop-down and choose the desired input or "No Narration".

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tutorial and the pictures.

I discovered an other option in the Preferences:

Go to Recording and uncheck Narration. I think that would do the trick. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Yes, it would. What you set in Preferences governs the defaults that are seen from the screens I listed earlier. As I somewhat assumed you wanted to sometimes have narration and sometimes not during the recording process, I opted to omit the Preferences dialog way.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks again for your reply.

Now could you go and see my first videos: http://www.fireworkszone.com/page-2-4-0-521.html on my website and make suggestions.

The first video for example: Configuring Docks was created with Panning and the result is a bit weird.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources