Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating new folder ripple effect in other folders

Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the RoboHelp 7 Project Manager pod. The HTML Files (Topics) folder was highlighted. I right-clicked and selected New > Folder.

I named the new folder Assets and pressed Enter to create the folder. All on its own, RH created an Assets folder under the Images, Multimedia, Style Sheets, and Baggage Files folders.
Not only that, but every folder I created under the Assets folder was also duplicated under the  Images, Multimedia, Style Sheets, and Baggage Files folders. AND, if I try then to delete one of those folders, either a.) the Delete option is not available on the right-click menu or b.) When it is available and I select it, ALL instances of the folder are deleted.
Why did RH create multiple Assets folders and why can't I create a single folder under only the HTML Files (Topics) folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

This is perfectly normal. You need to understand that the Project Manager is simply RoboHelp's way of organizing the different project assets. Think of it as perhaps "filters" that are only showing you files that are used. For example, when you look at the files and folders of the project in Windows Explorer, you will never see a folder named "Baggage Files" or "Style Sheets". And if you create a folder, even though you see it in Baggage Files, Images, Cascading Style Sheets and HTML Topics, it's only on your hard drive once.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp