Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click functionality in Captivate 4

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Did I get excited too soon when I saw the option "Right click" in the Click box properties?

I published my file with AS3 and AS2, I have tested my files on a web server (so not locally). In both cases I get the Flash right click menu.

I made sure that accessibiliy was enabled (as suggested by Adobe in the pop up box).

Is there anything else I need to do that I am not aware of?

Cheers, Helga

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi,

Prior to publish you need to uncheck the accessibility option.

You could do that at:

Preferences dialog ->Project -> Publish settings: Enable Accessibility checkbox. Uncheck it an dre-publish.

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Prior to publish you need to uncheck the accessibility option.

You could do that at:

Preferences dialog ->Project -> Publish settings: Enable Accessibility checkbox. Uncheck it an dre-publish.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a bit confused with the disable the enable accessibility, I suppose.

I disabled it now and it is working, but only if you have one right click box on a page.

I wanted to include three right click boxes that all branched of to different slides, but I couldn't get that to work.

I changed the slide so there is only one right click box. That works.

I do have another problem now though...

I am inserting the published swf files into a html file that contains a menu and links to other pages, etc.

When using the swf stand alone the right click works, when using it in another html file.

Have you ever come across this before and do you happen to know what I should do?

Cheers, Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

I am inserting the published swf files into a html file that contains a menu and links to other pages, etc.

When using the swf stand alone the right click works, when using it in another html file. "

Could you please be specific abou the underlined part. I am sorry I am not able to comprehend it.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem when inserting a SWF, created with CP4 and containing right click boxes, into a Adobe Presenter Project. In this project, when published, the right click boxes will not work, but will open the Flash context menu (as in CP3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

@Manish - I believe what was being said was that right-click doesn't work if you forego the Captivate created HTML page and opt instead to insert the Captivate movie on a different HTML page.

@Lilibiri - The statement above is probably related to your issue. I believe all the right-click functionality for this is stored in the JavaScript associated with the Captivate created HTML page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick, for the explanation. Could there be a workaround possible (Manish?).  Not using Presenter but Captivate itself for converting the ppt-files to Flash works of course, but Presenter has some nice features... Since both programs are integrated in the eLS? Same problem when inserting CP-created SWF's into a Acrobat-document, which I understand to have the same cause as with inserting in Presenter. Thanks again for your contribution to this great forum.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

yes, Rick that was exactly what I was trying to say.

If you look at the htm file that is created by Captivate when you have inserted a right click, there are some instructions on how to use your swf in another htm(l) file.

Step 1-3 are easy, but I struggle a bit with step four (see attachment for steps).

I have four swf files on my html file, each will be visible with you click on another tab. One of the swfs has the right click functionality.

When I insert a swf into the html using dreamweaver this is the code I get:

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0','width','803','height','584','title','let me Orientation','src','Resources/orientation_LM','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','Resources/orientation_LM' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="803" height="584" title="let me Orientation">
            <param name="movie" value="Resources/orientation_LM.swf" />
            <param name="quality" value="high" />
            <embed src="Resources/orientation_LM.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="803" height="584"></embed>
          </object>
        </noscript>

Just replacing this with "Step 4" does not work.

I don't know what else to do though.

Could someone give me some ideas of what i could try?

Cheers, Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yahoo!!!

Sorry for all the panic.

I had another close look at the two codes and realised that I keep my swf in a "Resources" folder, so just copying and pasting the Captivate code obviously did not work!

I corrected my mistake and now it works!!!

This made my day.

Thanks for help and guiding in right direction guys!

Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simiular issue I can ge thte right click to work on the htm page but not the published swf file.. I have set the security I have all 3 files htm, swf and JS.

Here is what I am trying to do. I have a E-learning system that has a shell player for features like chapters select and remote control functions. I publish the captivate 4 files to my Graphic files, I have the player looking at xml which calls the .swf file to play, in xml if I try to change this to call the htm file it just comes up blank so I can’t do that but shouldn’t the swf file contain the right click from captivate? I wonder is the shell needs something for the right click code as it bring up the setting and about property box when I right click in the player.   Any Ideas?

thanks,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what was required for me to successfully publish a .swf file that includes a right-click action trigger:

(1) Publish location: Default "My Adobe Captivate Projects" directory

• After publishing, can move to different directory. If you play locally from this other directory, the right-click action trigger will not work, but if you upload to the internet from this location, the right-click action trigger will work.

(2) Actionscript: AS2

(3) Accessibility: Off

(4) Publish For Flash Player 9, not 8 (even though the help file says 8 and higher)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MKB, Thank you for pointing out the power of the My Adobe Captivate Projects folder.  Anyone know why right-clicking works fine when I run the published file (double-clicking the HTM file) from that folder (C:\Documents and Settings\LBivens\My Documents\My Adobe Captivate Projects) but doesn't work if I move the files?

What's the magic of that folder in that location?

I read something on the forum that implied that right-clicking will work again once the files are posted on a web server.  But I need these files to work when I e-mail them to my manager for review. (I can't post to the server: I'm only a contractor).

Am I left to go back to William Heinz' fool-proof workaround?  --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must move All the files the .js and .swf file and make sure the Adobe security is set for this new location as well.

Charles Behm

IT Services, Global Professional Services

Intuit Real Estate Solutions (IRES)

20800 Harvard Road * Cleveland, OH 44122

Tel 216.825.6540     Mobile 216.534-0613

charles_behm@intuit.com       www.realestate.intuit.com

Login to our ClientSite to request our services: GPS Request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pain!  Thanks to both Charles and lilybiri for the info.

I guess I'm a tad befuddled.  Are all these obscure security gyrations warranted?  --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The folder "My Adobe Captivate Projects" is automatically added to the 'trusted folder'. Thus you do not have any problems with the Flash Security settings. Other folders have to be added to the 'trusted' sites.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. The right-click functionality works for me most of the time. My problem is that I'm running the Captivate simulation within a Flash interface that runs in an HTML file. I have the JavaScript code, and, like I said, it mostly works. But while in a Captivate with a double click or right click, if I click/activate anything in the interface, like a menu, the specialized click boxes no longer work.

I know that the problem is likely that I've taken the focus off the CP movie and have it on the interface. Does anyone have a way to get the focus BACK on the Captivate movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources