Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format of breadcrumb link when hovering

Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my style sheet, I specified that an active hyperlink is blue, and a hovered hyperlink is blue and underlined.
My breadcrumb links are blue, but I don't see where I can make them underlined when hovered.
Is there any way to do this within the RoboHelp application? (I'd rather not mess with code.)
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009
I think you need to define a visited hyperlink style.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm item 27

Maybe just a.visited. Look in the RH style editor, it may be an option there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Look in the wizard when you generate. There is a button that enables you to format the breadcrumbs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I do see the format function for breadcrumbs when generating the layout, but it does not handle the particular format I described, i.e., underlining when hovering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, AbigailAnn

Normally the default setting is to adhere to whatever is specified in your topic styles. Are you finding that's not the case?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. My breadcrumbs are the same color as links in the topic style, but in the topic style I specified that a 'Hyperlink (hovered)' would be underlined, and that's the part that's not working in breadcrumbs. The hover-underlining is working well in the topics, but not in the breadcrumbs. -- Abbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, how odd

I just tested by editing my style sheet so that upon hovering I saw a background change (Red with Yellow text) and that part worked. Perhaps it's an issue with underlining. I'll see if that works too.

Hmmm, the underlining worked on mine.

Maybe Peter can think of what's happening. My mind is a bit of mush at the moment.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked for you, that's encouraging. I'll try re-defining the topic style and see if it takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked for you, that's encouraging. I'll try re-defining the topic style and see if it takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered that the nature of my problem is not the breadcrumbs, but rather the fact that the underlining when hovering does not show for links that have been visited. I want underlining to show whenever I hover over a hyperlink, whether or not it has been visited. The style sheet tool in RoboHelp doesn't offer the ability to distinguish between a hyperlink (visited) and a hyperlink (visited & hovered). I have defined the hyperlink (hovered) as underlined, which works well until the link has been visited -- then the underline doesn't appear when hovering. Is there a work-around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to define a visited hyperlink style.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm item 27

Maybe just a.visited. Look in the RH style editor, it may be an option there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Peter. The information in item 27 of your snippets list gave the answer I needed. I changed the order of style definitions within my style sheet, putting the A:hover style after the other A: styles, and this gave me what I wanted. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp