<?rh-region_start id="header" ?>
    <div id="header_inner" class="fixed">
        <div id="logo">
            <h1><span>Title Page</span></h1>
            <h2>Company Name</h2>
        </div>
    </div>
<?rh-region_end ?>

Then the page is all messed up unless I fix it again and save before I generate.

The same thing happens with my footer HTML.

<div id="footer" class="fixed">
    Copyright &copy; 2009 Company All rights reserved.
</div>

Turns to:

<?rh-region_start id="footer" class="fixed" ?>
    Copyright © 2009 Company All rights reserved.
<?rh-region_end ?>

Can someone help me with this please?  I built the whole Help program and it works flawlessly except for this annoyance everytime I open a page to edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

I suspect that you're co-opting one of RH's system classes by using "header" as your div class.

I just added the word "top" in a true header section (View > Header), and got this code. Note RH's use of type="header" as its rh-region class ID.

<body>
<?rh-region_start type="header" style="width: 100%; position: relative;" ?>
<p>top </p>
<?rh-region_end type="header" ?>
<h1>test</h1>
<p>Type topic text here.</p>
</body>
</html>

I'd suggest using a different class title instead of "header" (topline, firstli

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The issue seems to be with RoboHelp messing with your code. I might suggest you use a different HTML editor with RoboHelp HTML.

Click Tools > Options. There you may define an editor you have available.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually wrote all the code in RH.  CSS in Notepad and transfered to RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does RH maybe not like <div> tags?  This would be very bad.  I found another person with the same problem on google when searching for <?rh-region_start.

Whats up with that.  Does RH not like CSS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Nothing of the sort.

What's happening is that RoboHelp is being ever helpful. Aside from the unexpected code you are seeing, are you saying it's not working as intended?

I ask because oftentimes folks don't like the code RoboHelp inserts, yet it does work just fine once you Generate or Compile.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what happens.

I open up my project in Robohelp.  I click to open a file and it opens in Design View.  I switch it to Code View and the messed up code is there.  If I leave it and publish it....its messed up.

If I fix it in the Code View and switch it to the Design View....then back to Code View...the code is messed up again.  Its frustrating.

So every time I open a file, I have to fix that header/footer code and then go ahead with my edit before I generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

You failed to answer my question.

Is the "messed up" code simply messy from the standpoint of your not liking the way RoboHelp is handling the HTML?

Or is the output somehow screwed up as a result?

Perhaps insert a couple of screen captures showing the "Messed up" and the "Proper" ways?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, Rick!  It's like there was a mind meld over teh IntarWebs.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one wondering what exactly is messed up?

Zachary, you do indeed find that your code has changed - but does it impact the output in a way you don't want?  Did I miss something about how the topics look after you compile?

If the output is acceptable, I would move on to bigger and better things, and let this little intrusion into your code just slide on....ain't no big thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, IT IS messing up my layout.  The CSS can't read the div id when Robo help changes it.  When I correct it and save it then generate, the layout is fine.  But if I ignore the code that RH has changed, the layout is all messed up.

So everytime I open a file...robohelp has AGAIN changed the code for the header and footer I posted above.  So I THEN have to go back and correct it, and then save it before I generate again.

I guess this is not an everyday problem.  I was hoping it was and something that could have been fixed.

I'm thinking RH doesn't work and play well with external CSS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my project.  Try to open up a file in RH like stated in the original post....past in:

<div id="header">
    <div id="header_inner" class="fixed">
        <div id="logo">
            <h1><span>IMPACT Help</span></h1>
            <h2>By ESSENCE Healthcare</h2>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

then see if it changes it back when you go back to Design view and then back again to Code view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you're co-opting one of RH's system classes by using "header" as your div class.

I just added the word "top" in a true header section (View > Header), and got this code. Note RH's use of type="header" as its rh-region class ID.

<body>
<?rh-region_start type="header" style="width: 100%; position: relative;" ?>
<p>top </p>
<?rh-region_end type="header" ?>
<h1>test</h1>
<p>Type topic text here.</p>
</body>
</html>

I'd suggest using a different class title instead of "header" (topline, firstline, etc.?).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it.

Just for folks in the future, RoboHelp does NOT like you to use the Div Id's of "header" and "footer" in an external CSS document. How rude.  But I changed it to another relative name and it works fine now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No more rude than HTML appropriating the head tag for its head elements (scripts, styles, etc.), or CSS appropriating property titles of width, border, etc.

It is what it is... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp